Nine (and growing) stressful and common habits that entrepreneurs and office workers should strive to eliminate. Mission critical stuff!
1. Do not answer calls from unrecognized phone numbers
2. Do not e-mail first thing in the morning or last thing at night
3. Do not agree to meetings or calls with no clear agenda or end time
4. Do not let people ramble
5. Do not check e-mail constantly. Batch and check at set times only
6. Do not over-communicate with low-profit, high-maintenance customers
7. Do not work more to fix overwhelm - prioritize
8. Do not carry a cellphone or Crackberry 24/7, seven days a week
9. Do not expect work to fill a void that non-work relationships and activities should
I have 357 emails in my inbox this morning, and my finger is eerily drawn to the "mark all as read button".
p.s. One other thing that I'm doing to reduce inbox clutter- unsubscribing from all email newsletters, and switching to RSS instead (those that are RSS enabled, that is).